Pages

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Day 8

Today might be my favorite day yet.  Nothing big happened but I had one of those great nurses.  When I met her this morning I thought it was going to be a long day but then realized that I was the only one who could make it good and I had to crack her in order to enjoy my baby.  Cause how could you not be in a good mood around this:

 Needless to say my first impression was incorrect. She let me do everything with Claire, change every diaper, wrap her, take her temperature etc etc. She was there when I needed her but then would leave me alone to do my own thing. She didn't hoover like some of them do. Not only that but every time I came in the room Claire looked so happy so I knew she was being taken care of really well when I wasn't there.

I had a bad experience with one of our night nurses last night so it was really nice to start the day off well today.

She breastfed and bottle fed like a champ today! Every feeding she took at least 10mls, still not even half of a feed but great progress.

We got to give her a bath today which she really needed, she had sticky tape in her hair and just looked a mess.  Dylan and his little brother had started calling her Frog because of the way she lays and she totally lived up to that in the bath. She was jumping like a little frog and cracking me and the nurse up. Definitely going to have to stay her nickname now. Then the nurse dressed her in real clothes.  This outfit is a preemie and it swallows her.  Makes me realize just how tiny she really is.


I am going to go home tomorrow for a few hours and am seriously so excited! I can't wait to hold my big babies at home and eat a home cooked mama meal. I hear it is chicken fried steak! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment