Pages

Sunday, June 17, 2012

12 days

I feel like all the days are kinda running together now. I literally just pump, feed her, come back and sleep or eat, pump, feed her etc etc. I am in a good routine and even though it gets lonely up here it keeps me focused and doesn't give me too much time to think about the situation.

My best friend Candice came into town from Houston yesterday and spent the whole morning/afternoon with Claire and I and then we went home and spent the evening with the big ones.  It was so nice to have her here. She is that perfect friend who you don't even realize it but you are both in the same room, one is reading a magazine and one is playing on the computer not even talking but just being in the same room is enough. So happy that she was able to come and spend time with us.

Claire is continuing to do good. She is taking almost half her bottles consistently and without spitting any out.  It doesn't take her as long to get started and she doesn't tire out quite as easy anymore. She is past her birth weight now!! I think last night she was 4 pounds 3 oz. Such a big girl! I can't believe she has almost been here for 2 weeks. It still doesn't seem completely real.




I got a surprise visit yesterday from Dylan's grandparents and it was just wonderful. Dylan's family is amazing and I just love his grandparents and this is one of those reasons why..... they just came, didn't tell anyone just came and it seriously made my day.  So sad that I didn't have my camera in the room so that I could have gotten a picture of them together with her.

Overall the days are getting better here, still really hard having our family separated but we just keep telling ourselves it is only a few more weeks and will be just that much sweeter when she accomplishes all the goals they have for her and we get to drive away from this place with her in the backseat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment