Pages

Monday, April 16, 2012

Houston

It has been over 3 years since we had Carly and this will have been my first solo overnight trip without my babies.  I must say that it was really hard. It is one thing to go on an overnighter with your husband but completely different when you drive off and leave your family in the driveway waving. I was a complete wreck for 10 minutes after I left. I knew that once I got to Houston and with my best friend in the whole world that things would be great but the 3 hour drive to get there was hard.  I know it is healthy to have away time from your kids but I gotta say it is so much better when I have my babies with me.

I have not visited Candice in over 3 years and knew that it was long overdue. We had so much fun! We went and ate lunch as soon as I got there and then spent the whole day shopping. She just got done reading Hunger Games so we went to see it Saturday night. It was much better for me the second time. I seriously love that movie and the cast was so awesome. It is so nice to have that friend that even though we don't get to talk every week or see each other every month, it never feels like we have been apart. She knows everything about me and I never have to worry if I am going to offend her or if what I said was inappropriate because what she was thinking was probably much worse. I can 100% be myself and it is so relaxing to not have to hold back on anything. She even stocked her house with awful food just for me: cookies, goldfish, cookie crisp cereal because she knows that I love the bad stuff!

We then stayed up late talking with her fiancé Kris who is super hilarious just like Candice and I am pretty sure I woke up with sore sides from laughing so hard.

I left early the next morning but not before my BIG bowl of cookie crisp cereal and was back in time to be there when the kids woke up from their naps and even got to spend some time with Dylan before they woke up. A great weekend!!!

Dylan did great at home with the kids for the first time. He took them to play at his parents house and my mom's house. I am sure they got to eat a lot of junk food because pretty sure they were eating chocolate bunnies every time I talked to them. He had a slumber party with Carly in our bedroom while watching American Pickers (her favorite).  He took them to the donut shop for breakfast and then to the Robin Bledsoe park to play.  That afternoon when I transferred the car seats back to my car, Carly started crying because she wasn't going to get to do fun things with Daddy anymore. It was so good for them to have that uninterrupted time with him.

I seriously have the best little family and the best friends in the world. I am serious one blessed lady!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you had fun with Candice! I don't think I'll be ready to leave Char overnight for awhile either. Ryan is staying home with her by himself for the first time today and I am a wreck!

    ReplyDelete