Pages

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Austin Zoo

The Austin Zoo marks my last real field trip until well after Claire gets here. I still have 3 months left and already am completely exhausted with the two that are already on the ground.

I have been to the Austin Zoo a couple times before and even though it is really small, I seriously love it. It is the perfect size for small kids and doesn't have all the scary big animals.  We got there right as they opened and found out that there were a bunch of field trips scheduled.  Once we let the crowds pass it was actually pretty pleasant.
Checking out the tortoise exhibit

The tigers! One of my favorites

The pigs... Carly's favorite

Just love this picture of him! Gonna be a ladies man for sure!
We didn't lose any kids and got to eat lunch in a little secluded picnic area all by ourselves. There was a little monkey picture cutout that the kids had a blast playing on.

Carly and Kayden

Caden and Carly
The kids got to see almost all the animals, feed some of the domestic ones and were so excited to ride the train...except this mama didn't read into it and we missed it by 5 minutes. Apparently they only do it every hour and there was no way we were staying another hour to ride it. My friend Belinda's little boy Caden told her in response to What was your favorite part, "the train, even though we didn't ride it!" I seriously love little kids minds. I guess a trip to the Wilco Park to ride the train is in order in the next couple weeks. I will be bringing good old Hubby along for that one though!!

Feeding the animals



Caden would throw then in the cage. So cute!

In exchange for not riding the train we told the kids we would get them a treat..which ended up being ice cream sandwiches. Clay had more fun playing with his than eating it and ending up with more on his face than in his tummy.  It was a great ending to a great day.  Both kids fell asleep in the car and then continued napping well after we got home. 
playing with the ice cream. Such a mess!


So tired!!

Hoping to hit up the Poppy Seed Festival this weekend! I go every year, definitely recommend it!




2 comments:

  1. So Joel's coworker gave him free tickets to the zoo and we decided to go today since I wasn't able to join y'all. Um... it was a zoo forever away in Bastrop!!! We totally thought we were driving to this zoo until we got there. LOL. Sad we didn't get to join y'all, but glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to go to the zoo too!!!!! I heard it is really neat. It's like the Capital of Texas Zoo right? So glad Avery got to go though!

      Delete