Pages

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Proud

There is only one word to describe how I feel today....PROUD.  I am so proud of the little people my kid are becoming, especially Carly Sue. I am so thankful that God entrusted me with these 3 precious beings and I am loving that I get to stay home and watch them become smart, kind, generous and loving kids.

Today was not necessarily a hard day but Dylan worked until after bedtime and so it just makes for a long day. With 3 kids there is normally no break and so I go over 12 hours straight..no lunch break, or pee break (they follow you).  Carly had seen a preview for E.T. on the Lorax movie a few weeks ago and ever since has been scared of him. She thinks that he is going to get her at bedtime and comments about it daily. Even having conversations with my mom about it. This afternoon I was so tired of listening to her talk about him that I made a crazy decision. I told her that she had to watch the movie, the whole thing. I told her I would sit with her the whole time but that she would see that looks can be deceiving. He looks scary but in fact is really nice.

She watched the whole movie, she got scared a couple times but I think it was more from the music.  She laughed and loved Drew Barrymore's character. Her and Clay ran around all afternoon saying... "E.T. phone home."

 So fast forward to bedtime, we read our book and this is the time when she normally starts her scared talk and asking if E.T. is going to scare her or if something is going to come through her window. We said our nightly prayer and I waited for it......but instead she asked if I would say a prayer for her. I told her that I thought she should talk to God herself and this is what she said, "Dear Lord, please don't let anything scare me and help me to be more like Jesus, Amen." Seriously does that not melt your heart. I just hugged her long and hard and thought to myself what an amazing little girl I have. Instead of having to use magic monster spray to rid the room of monsters she is smart enough to know that God will protect her.

We watch Veggie-tales and there is one with Junior Asparagus about the Boogie Man. He sings a song about how God is bigger than the boogie man and he watches out for us. I guess she pays more attention than I thought. :)

Not only did that make me Proud but I forgot to let the kids give each other a hug and kiss before bed.  When I went to put Clay in his bed he got upset and told me he needed to give Carly a hug. I pulled him back out of his crib and took him to her. She had a huge smile on her face as they hugged and kissed.  Carly said, "I love you Bub, see you in the morning." His reply, "I love you too Carly." I don't think it gets any better than that.

I walked downstairs after all this with my Claire Bear and thought about how my goal in life is to make sure that they continue to love each other this much as they grow older. This isn't to say that they won't fight like brother and sister do but it is so important to me that they grow up encouraging each other, sharing in each others joys and being each other's biggest fan. I can't wait for Claire to be in the mix and to see what her little personality is going to bring.

Days like today remind me why I stay home.


Best-friends






2 comments:

  1. Such sweet and adorable kiddos! I'm so glad you left a comment on my blog so I could find yours:) I will enjoy keeping up with your sweet little family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your kids are just the sweetest. And I had a HUGE fear of ET when I was little, so I totally feel ya, Carly. :) Good to see you guys today. :)

    ReplyDelete