Pages

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Halloween

I have always loved Halloween. Growing up we never lived in a neighborhood so my mom would have to drive me to one in order for me to go trick or treating. Then I always felt like I missed out on getting to hand out candy because obviously no one ever came to our house. There are so many things that I hate about living in a neighborhood but I must say Halloween makes it worth it. I love meeting up with our friends and neighbors and then sitting on the front porch with the kids and our friends while handing out candy.

As you grow older it sucks when you can no longer do the fun things that you did when you were little, then you have kids and it is almost more fun. Carly woke up so excited today and wouldn't take a nap because she was so excited about her friends coming over to eat pizza and go trick or treating.



She has been talking about how she wanted her hair to be red for her costume and I told her that we could dye it and then of course forgot to get the hairspray. Daddy comes to my rescue and goes today and gets it to avoid the very upset child that we would have had.

- I loved watching how excited they got.
- I love how after every house Carly would scream, "Lets go to another house."
-I love how excited all the kids got to hand out candy to the other kids once we came back to the house.
The best looking Princess Fiona and Shrek there ever was!

Claire's first Halloween

Our whole gang!

My BF Melissa's little girls

Another creepy house

Thing 1 and Princess Fiona

Our favorite house.....so spooky
I love everything about this holiday except:

-The rude pre-teen/ teenagers who are disrespectful and don't remember how to say thank you.
-The kids who don't even speak when they come to your house but instead just hold out there bag like I have to give them candy.
-The parents who watch their kids be disrespectful and don't say or do anything about it.

Most of all I love that we have started a great tradition and enjoy spending time with a few of our best friends and their amazing kids. Already looking forward to next year! 




1 comment:

  1. I could have written that whole first paragraph! Glad y'all had a fun Halloween!

    ReplyDelete