Being a parent is the single best job in the whole world! One tiny example is getting to experience things through your children's eyes. We got to take the kids to see the Fresh Beat Band this evening, they both love the TV show and I knew that they would enjoy it. Well let me tell you this ol' mama got tears.... yes stupid tears when the band came out and I saw my kids faces. Carly was so excited and even Bub was mesmerized. Carly danced almost the whole night and cried at intermission because she thought it was over.
This morning we had gone to Corinne's house to play and she knew that Kayden was going to go to the concert too and kept talking about how her and Kayden were going to do this... and do that.... and was disappointed when I told her that they didn't get to sit together and might not even see each other when we got there. We got lucky though and at intermission we happen to run into them. Carly was so excited that she got to see Mrs. Corinne and Kayden.
It was a perfect evening! Both kids did so good with it being so late, Bub fell asleep in the car and Carly wasn't far behind him. Hopefully they will sleep in for me in the morning.........I can dream :)
You know you're a mom when you're jealous your friends got to go see the Fresh Beat Band!! Haha! Glad y'all had fun!
ReplyDelete