Pages

Friday, November 4, 2011

A Berry Berry Happy Halloween

 I seriously love Halloween. It is the start of all the good holidays and this year was seriously the best. Carly is at the most perfect age for trick-or-treating. She decided early on that she wanted to be Strawberry Shortcake which I am not going to lie I was really excited about. I might have had a hand in putting in idea in her head but you have to admit that she is so cute! As far as Clay goes I was too cheap to buy him a costume since he is so little so our good friends let us borrow there son's 1st costume, so Clay was a spider.

 Dylan has to go "on call" every 5 weeks for his job and I remember at the beginning of the year being excited because he didn't have any holidays this year. Some how we missed that Halloween was a holiday and in fact he was on call for it. He was really upset but we hoped for the best.........unfortunately he had to work late and was going to miss all the trick-or-treating fun. Lucky for Carly Sue her Dad is amazing and drove 30 minutes home just so he could watch her go to a couple houses and then drove 30 minutes back to the job. It is moments like that, that I feel so blessed and lucky to have such an awesome husband.
 This year my sister's husband was out of town and so she came over with her 3 boys (my adorable, awesome nephews), my best friends Melissa and Belinda came with there families also and we all ate Pizza and then took the kids together. It was so much fun and a really great tradition. I hope that we can continue to do it because I know the kids really enjoy getting to go together.

 There is this one house on our street that is really spooky every year and this year was no exception. This is a picture of the scary guy holding the candy bucket.  My mission is to out do him next year, the only problem is that my husband is kinda like Tim Taylor, you know from Home Improvement, (don't worry he agrees) and so the thought of letting him do a bunch of crazy stuff to the house kinda makes me nervous! Either way I am sooo looking forward to Halloween 2012. 

No comments:

Post a Comment