I finally did it!!! Dylan and I left the kids overnight for the first time together(Dylan has been gone overnight but my first time). The only time I was ever away from Carly was when I was in the hospital having Clay and I have never left Clay overnight so this was a big Mama step for me.
Dylan had his 10 year service award banquet for Atmos Energy at the Horseshoe Bay Resort in Marble Falls. It was so much fun and surprisingly I did really well. I got to cut loose for real for the first time in over 3 years. It was so nice to hang out with our friends and to meet all of Dylan's co-workers that I hear about everyday.
Even more wonderful was seeing again just how awesome my Husband is. He is so naturaly friendly and is so much fun to hang out with. Sometimes I think we loose touch with that side of our selves once we have kids becase we are so focused on them.
Now I know that I can do it and be ok! Great experience!
Way to go, Wendy! I still haven't been able to do it. I'm afraid leaving Avery would mean someone else driving her in a car...hehe.
ReplyDelete