Pages

Thursday, December 8, 2016

Piano Recital

It has always been important to Dylan and I that our kids learn to play an instrument of some kind. Sadly neither one of us know how to read music or play anything. Through our homeschool group I found out about a young homeschooled girl that does piano lesson down the street from us. I always struggled with putting the kids in a music school or something rigorous. I want it to be completely fun, no pressure. My end goal is a love of music and a basic knowledge.

Her piano teacher put on their first recital this past weekend. Each kid picked a Christmas song they wanted to play. Carly picked "What Child is this." Then we had cookies and hot chocolate. It was wonderful. Carly did so good and had a great time.  It was a great first experience. 









Now we are gearing up and getting ready for our Christmas Program at church in a few weeks. Carly is getting to do a small solo in one of the songs! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment