Pages

Sunday, August 23, 2015

Cowboy and Indians

Quick question.... How does time just seem to keep going by so fast. My little pouty lipped boy is already 5 years old. I can't believe it! He is starting kindergarten and is just perfection. 



We call him Arliss around our house and after watching Old Yeller again this weekend I remember why..... pretty much the same kid even down to the Indian headdress wearing.  

Clay is really big on Indians right now. Not sure exactly where the fascination came from but I am loving learning about all things Indian with him.  My Dad had built him this tipi a few months back and it came in handy this weekend for his Cowboy and Indian themed party. Clay of course went as an Indian complete with a Papa-made chief headdress.  My mom provided the awesome spear.  Pretty sure he looked the part. He wore the costume all of about 15 minutes before it became too hot and he had to change. Doesn't he look super awesome though!


I of course had to be apart of his tribe and even had support from my BFF Candice who also dressed up with me. Seriously love my friends. :)



This was the first year that we let him pick his guest list, normally I just invite the people I want.  He picked all the usual people and then added a few extras........ he hand delivered an invitation to our 80 year old neighbors across the street.  They came too! 


We even got a surprise visit from our "Grandma" Faye. We met this amazing woman at church and quickly adopted her as part of our family. 



He also has a little friend that is quite a few years older that lives down the street who he was adamant that we invite. We don't see them very often but Clay looks up to this little boy so much and calls him his best friend. He ended up coming which might have been the highlight for Clay. 




This boy drives us crazy but there is not one thing I would change about him. He makes me laugh every single day and though I know it is going to be quite the challenge to teach him at home with his non stop shenanigans and his constant questions I can't wait to start.  





Happy 5th Birthday Clay Allen "Bub" Thompson! 

No comments:

Post a Comment