A while back my friend Cari had mentioned doing a friend family vacation. We all thought it was an awesome idea and this weekend we finally did it! We decided on Log Country Cove which are log cabins on Lake LBJ in Burnet. It was a huge house with a creek and a pool on the property.
You don't know fun until you get 4 families with 11 kids packed into one house for 3 days! Poor Clay was 1 of only 3 little boys on the trip, he was surrounded by girls. He is going to eat that up one day!
I think about the awesome memories these kids are going to have. It was one huge sleepover! I don't think any of the kids wanted to leave at the end. We grilled out each night and I am pretty sure I came home about 5 pounds heavier from all the good food and deserts that were just laying around.
I love these girls so much and can't believe how blessed we all are to have each other!
The Dads took the kids hiking a few times.
Clint man was such a trooper the entire time. He slept good and was so chill. I even got to go to the creek one time to watch the kids fish. He slept right through it.
Clay and Avery caught tadpoles, some of them even were turning into frogs and already had their back legs. It was super cool.
The two lonely boys!
Here is the best picture I got of all 11 kids. Serious cuteness!
We had such a great time. I hope everyone else did too. Still amazed that we left there without any injuries or fighting. Everyone got along and I feel like with that many small kids it went surprisingly well. I really hope this can be an annual thing. I know my kids were sad to leave.
Oh and Sunday morning I woke up to balloons, decorations and cake for my birthday. The kids even hid and surprised me when I came down the stairs. Pretty awesome way to spend a birthday!






What a great idea for a vacation! I love seeing the pictures. I'm hoping we can come to visit you guys soon and meet Clint!
ReplyDelete