I can't believe that a year has passed and we are already fixing to start our second year of school here at Thompson ISD. I am in such a different place this time around. Last year as the week of school approached I was a hot mess. I remember dreading the day that public school started. I cried ugly tears for all the things that I thought Carly was going to miss out on, I cried big ol' ugly tear worrying about if I was truly equipped to teach her and if I was going to ruin her kindergarten year.
Man I wish I could go back to last year and give myself a hug and then slap me across the face and say, "Buck up, God put this on your heart and He is going to see you through it!"
I probably wouldn't have listened to myself but let me tell you..... last year was amazing. Carly didn't get to do all the things that public school kids got to but she got something just as awesome........ endless time with me (haha, who wouldn't want that) and lots of time with her best friends, otherwise known as her brother and sister. I hear people say all the time, "I couldn't teach my kids at home, I don't have the patience for that." Let me tell you something, don't ever say, "I can't, or I won't do something." God will laugh in your face my friend!
Seriously though, this year is a much different experience, instead of tears I am excited. Terrified because I am now adding Clay to the mix and a 3 year old and oh ya........ did I mention the newborn! Wowza!!
I haven't given public school a second thought except to get excited that all the stuff I didn't want to do this summer due to crowds is now going to be vacant! Bring on the bowling alley, the movie theater, the zoo, the splash pad, Bass Pro Shop (haha) and I am sure there are lots more.
We actually already started first grade at the beginning of summer but took a lot of days/weeks off to relax and enjoy time with friends but we are officially back in action!
We also have some class pets this year. Let me introduce you to them:
Remember that sweet adorable chicken that we hatched from an egg... well it has turned into this monstrous and quite dangerous ROOSTER! He is ferocious! Most likely going to have to get rid of him but we still have 3 more that we aren't exactly sure what they are yet. Hoping we have at least 2 hens.
We brought home Sassy the rabbit this weekend. She is huge, close to the size of Roxy when she stretches out. Also it might be boy rabbit but we let Claire name it and since she picked a girl name we just are going with it.
Clay tells us (or rather sings to us) that he is a country boy and that's all he is ever going to be (those might be the lyrics to his favorite song but still....) so we feel the need to surround him with as many animals that we can have in a neighborhood as possible.
Trying to see if it would be too much to have maybe a goat and a pot belly pig. Pretty sure my Mama would never take care of all our animals when we went on vacation. We might already be at the limit! :)
Here is to the new school year! Praying it is fabulous, fun and that my kids continue to love learning as much as I enjoy teaching them.




No comments:
Post a Comment