Pages

Saturday, December 8, 2012

Main Street Bethlehem



For the past few years I had been hearing about the amazing Main Street Bethlehem in Burnet. I always plan on going but never follow through. Well now that my mom lives in Burnet it made it much easier to take the trip with the kids.  I have heard the lines are super long and will wrap around the town square so I wasn't sure what to expect and was a little nervous about going with the kids that late.
Claire didn't mind, she loved looking at everything
Well lets just say it was better than I could have ever imagined. It was literally a little village, all the people were in character and it brought you back to the time period.


Making candles
one of the Romans 
Trying to teach your kids the story of Christmas is hard. They can't quite grasp it yet and Santa is so much easier for them to understand but it is so important to us that they know the real meaning and what it is all about. Both kids know who Jesus is and though I still don't think they really understand they were so excited to get to meet baby Jesus. It was all they talked about all day long and throughout the entire time we were there. 



This was the Inn Keeper- Told us how he had just sent away a pregnant woman and her husband and then how people were talking about a King being born. So cool how they stay in character
It was a great experience and one that I think everyone should attempt to go to.  It is amazing that people from all over the state make the trip to come see it. It's that wonderful reminder during the crazy shopping infested holiday season what Christmas is all about.  
The best part: Baby Jesus



No comments:

Post a Comment