Pages

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

I love this time of year. Everything about it. I love the smell of our fresh cut Christmas tree, all the great winter scents from scentsy and most of all the excitement on my 3 year olds (who knows understand Santa a little bit) face when we talk about Santa or our Elf Walter. I think we are all just a little bit happier this time of year.


So on to the kids...


Clay is now in the stage where he loves to play with hats. Carly went through this stage too and it always cracks me up. Everyday he gets into the hat box and wears them. Doesn't matter if they are pink, to small, too big, he finds a way to wear them. He also likes to wear random clothes, as seen in this picture where he was wearing a camo jacket around his neck all afternoon.

We took the kids to HEB in Leander for the free Santa this past weekend. He was definitely not realistic but he was free and there was no wait, so no complaints.  It took a little talking her into it but Carly finally agreed to tell him what she wanted and sit on his lap for a picture. Clay of course wanted nothing to do with him but we got the classic crying picture!


We also got our Christmas Tree this weekend.  Decorating the tree is one of my most favorite things to do. I love that Carly is now old enough to help with it. We had a fake tree for a couple years when we first got married and I have to say it is not as much fun. I know a lot of people like them but I love the smell of a real tree. Needle mess and all :)

Unrelated to Christmas but another of my most favorite things is watching the kids faces when Dylan gets home. They run to him and won't let him out of there sight for at least 30 minutes. It makes me love him so much more knowing what an amazing Dad he is.
There is no one else I would rather be raising kids with.  He works long hours, tons of overtime just so that I can be a "playathome" mom. He works rain, shine, cold, hot for us. Absolutely amazing! So much to be thankful for this season!

No comments:

Post a Comment