Pages

Thursday, May 11, 2017

The Squid

This post is way overdue. We ordered a Squid to dissect! I remember doing this same experiment when I was a little kid in elementary school and couldn't wait to do it with the kids. Before we started they each picked out a nice feather from the chicken coop so that we could access the ink pouch and attempt to write with the ink. 




It worked pretty well and they honestly loved it. One of my most favorite parts of homeschooling is getting to do and learn all over again with the kids. There are no real rules.  We get to just learn at our own pace and with what they are interested in. Clay was more fascinated with it then the girls and asked a lot more questions. The girls just had fun drawing with the ink. I love that Claire as a 4 year old is getting these experiences. She might not understand everything but she is still learning. 


I think they are in agreement that they want to do the cows eyeball next. :) Stay tuned! 

No comments:

Post a Comment