First off I had to share this picture of Claire with her bear. None of the kids have been big on stuffed animals unless it is for bedtime but Claire loves them and will carry them around and play with them all day. It is not uncommon to find her and bear reading or playing the piano together.
The kids play outside a lot during the week in between school and when it got really cold they were super bummed to not get to go out. Then I realized I was being dumb and told them to suit up and just go. Figured they wouldn't last long anyways. They did better than I would have done and ended up doing it daily. I secretly think they just liked getting to wear their hats, scarfs and mittens.
Last week we went and had a playdate with our NICU friends. Think we have found forever friends in this family and love that the kids get to grow up together. We don't see them super often but that doesn't stop the kids from picking right up and playing. Claire played more with Vivian and James than she has with any other kid ever. They held hands and giggled together. It was priceless and makes me so thankful for the amazing friends we found and the bond we will always have.
Last weekend I took Clay on our first ever Mama/Bub date. We have been having some rough weeks together and I almost opted to not do it but at the last minute really wanted some Mexican food. If you don't already do this with your kids I say you need to start. I don't mean just take them on errands with you solo but actually on a date. Where there is no agenda other than spending quality time together. I found that he is a completely different kid when he is by himself. The best part is that he got a little pep talk from Dad before hand and was the sweetest little gentleman. Couldn't have dreamed up a better date night.
We are on the home stretch before Thanksgiving and vacation and I am trying so hard to be halfway fun and do crafts with the kids. I am so cheap though and hate spending money on craft supplies because honestly I hate the mess. Decided yesterday to just get over it and pulled out the mixed beans, glue, glitter and turkeys and let them at it.
They loved it and even Bear did awesome with it.
Last, we had our little Thanksgiving brunch at the library's story time. The kids were super excited for it and I was excited to not have to make lunch. Sadly we were the only kids who came that morning. We still had a great time making Indian feather headbands and eating pig in the blankets, mashed potatoes, brownies and fruit.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment