Don't you just love holidays when you get to spend the entire weekend with family?!
I am always so bad about remembering to dye Easter eggs until literally the night before but we did them. I almost let the kids dye them without being boiled which would have been a nightmare, thankfully I remembered just as Clay was picking up the first one. Crisis diverted!
This year I decided against hiding eggs at home. I am all for the fun of the egg hunt but try not to put too much emphasis on the Easter bunny. I feel like Easter is such an important Christian holiday and want my kids to really know and understand the significance.
Though the night before Easter we saw a rabbit in our backyard and the kids were so excited to see that the Easter bunny was scoping out the neighborhood.
We went to Dylan's Uncles lake house Saturday for the whole day. It is always so relaxing and stress free. I look forward to it all year long. The kids did an egg hunt and cracked confetti eggs. Clay might have even taking a nap on the boat ride.
Then Sunday we went to my Mom's and ate lunch with all my sisters and their families. My sister Amy had shaved her head a few months back in support of my niece Drews friend who has cancer. It is now growing back and she looks like a rockstar. Isn't she amazing!
I love taking the grandkid pictures each year to see how they change. The oldest is going to be 19 next week. So crazy to me just how fast time slips away. Here are the 11 of them (minus 2).
Spending time with family and celebrating the resurrection of Jesus..... doesn't get much better than that!
No comments:
Post a Comment