Pages

Thursday, April 10, 2014

Bluebonnets and Painting Walls

So I got a wild hair this week to start painting the house again.  After doing the kitchen I realized that I just love color, not neutrals but all out crazy bright color. I decided to tackle the entryway this time. 

I have my amazing sunflower pictures that my equally amazing Mama took a long time ago and framed for me, so what better color than bright yellow. And when I say yellow I mean like marigold/sunflower yellow. Or as my forever friend Melissa thinks..... mustard yellow.... as in someone threw up mustard on my wall. She may be right but I love it! Like seriously LOVE it! 

BEFORE

AFTER

After painting the entry I realized that I do want to paint that paneling. I was laying on the couch during the kids nap staring at it thinking what a pain it will be but how awesome it will look.  Then enters my husband who says the exact same thing to me without me saying it first. So it is official, we are going to paint it. Hopefully soon. 

________________________________________________________________________________

This afternoon we went to our land to take some pictures in the bluebonnets. I love this tradition even if my husband isn't the biggest fan. I love seeing how the kids change each year.  





Isn't she just the prettiest princess?

He was adamant that he wear his cowboy hat. 

Had to wear her princess necklace :)

This year I noticed that Dylan and I are looking pretty darn old. I mean seriously when did it happen? 


This weekend is the Burnet Bluebonnet festival and we are having our church service on the square. Oh and I get to watch my friend Corinne do an alumni dance at the Bluebelle Spring Show! Seriously pumped for this weekend. 


No comments:

Post a Comment