Pages

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Back in the Swing of things

I haven't been this excited to be home with my kids since I went part time from work after Carly was born. We brought her home Friday and Dylan went straight back to work on Monday. We are going to try and save his time in case their are unwelcome illnesses etc in the fall/winter. Being solo has been so much better than I anticipated and surprisingly relaxing. The kids are doing well with Claire.  Clay doesn't seem to mind her and even remembers that he can only touch her toes and does so often throughout the day. Carly wants me to hold Claire all day and if she even barely makes a sound will tell me that Claire wants me. Tonight at supper Carly said out of the blue, "Mama thank you for bringing my baby sister home." Seriously made me smile, she has the best heart of any little girl I know.


Sleeping Beauty

My mom came over this morning to help me with a sewing project and to see the kids and we took this picture, It is titled "Gammy Heaven." Clay was riding the pony while Carly stared at Claire. Pretty sure it WAS heaven. Love my Mama :)


Overall things are great and the kids and I are back into a great routine already. Almost like I was never even gone, which is a great feeling. Towards the "end" of the pregnancy I was completely exhausted and hate to admit that I didn't want to do anything, even play with the kids. We watched a lot of TV.  I already feel like a different person, much more energy and am excited about playing with them again and doing housework. Weird? Ya I know! 


Carly loves just watching her
The March Of Dimes had sent us a gift while we were in the hospital and they gave us a little preemie outfit that I seriously LOVE. It is one of the only preemie outfits that still fits her (Sadly she is too long for them). Most of the other ones we donated to the NICU at Seton Northwest after she outgrew them so that other mom's and babies could enjoy the cuteness. :)
My little "Preemie Donna" 

She is officially 36 weeks today and tomorrow will be a month old! 

Hoping the next month that I have my family quarantined goes by faster than I expect and that everyone stays healthy. 

1 comment:

  1. She is so precious!!! She already looks so much bigger to me. So glad you are having a great time at home. I can't wait to come see her, but will wait until it's a little bit safer. :)

    ReplyDelete