The last month has been anything but interesting around the Thompson House. We found out back in November that we were expecting baby #3 in July, we were beyond excited! We found out early that I had a minor complication and after a month of limited activity and no exercise we went back to the doctor to be told the problem was worse and I was put on bed rest for 3 weeks.
Three weeks with 2 small kids is almost impossible unless you have the most amazing friends and family that we do. My mom took a day each week off of work and then came every Saturday to do laundry and clean my house. My dad came at least once a week and so did my mother-in-law. My awesome husband even took off a day each week to stay home and help. I had someone come everyday to play with my kids, make them lunch, put them down for naps and just love on them. People brought us dinner every night and I got lots of great books to read from my MIL, Aunt-in-law and grandma-in-law. It all paid off, I am now off bed rest and back to limited activity.
Baby is doing great and is growing just perfectly. We had an ultrasound on Monday and the tech is 90% sure it is a little girl. It will be a little more accurate next month when we go but we are already calling "it" a "she" and I am having fun designing her room in my head and thinking about all the cute outfits I had with Carly and how we get to use them again. If next month it turns out to be a "he" it is going to be just as great because we already have everything to welcome him as well. Either one will be set.
We are very optimistic that things are going to be great from here on out. I want to thank everyone though for the prayers and for helping us. Bed rest is definitely a team effort!
I will leave you with a picture of Miss Claire.

Super excited about baby #3! You know I LOVE the name Claire, and July babies are the best! So happy for you guys!
ReplyDeleteJust now catching up on blogs.. Congrats on baby #3!! I'm so glad you made it through bed rest and that things are looking better! We're due in July too. :) Hope it continues to go well!
ReplyDelete