
As I look back on 2011 I can't believe that Carly is already 3. It seriously is ridiculous how fast it goes by. She is such a bright, sweet and well mannered little girl and makes us so proud. She is such a good big sister to Clay, shares all her toys and loves having him to play with. Rarely do they fight and when they do it is because he is aggravating her. He is not a little "brother", he is a little "bother." :) She definitely has Dylan's looks and my stubborn, impatient personality, which has really shown this past year. Just thinking about all the head butting we are going to do makes me a little nervous. We have set so many goals for her this year and she is already surpassing our expectations. We are so lucky to have been given the chance to be her parents.
Clay is the complete opposite of Carly in so many ways. It is amazing how different kids are and how they learn things at different rates. Clay is already talking up a storm. He can say a ton of words and can almost completely communicate with us which makes life easy. We don't have a lot of meltdowns because we almost always know what he wants. He can follow the most specific directions and is a master Lego tower builder. He eats almost anything you put in front of him. He loves to work in the garage with Dylan and loves to wear hats, just like Carly did at his age. He loves to cuddle and give hugs and kisses all day long.
We spent the last day of 2011 relaxing at home. We ate chicken enchiladas with Dylan's brother Wesley (Uncle Moose) and did sparklers and poppers in the front yard. I loved poppers as a kid and even though I know what to expect it took like 15 times before I didn't scream when one went off. I am such a loser!!! Clay was even able to do them which was hilarious, him and Moose would throw them at Roxy, such a horrible influence. We then went to bed early. Super boring but just perfect for us.





No comments:
Post a Comment