Pages

Saturday, July 3, 2010

My Little Lefty

So I am almost positive that Carly is going to be left handed. They say that they start to favor one hand by around 18 months of age and so far she is all lefty, all the time. She can feed herself cereal perfectly with her left hand but when tried with the right, it is a big huge mess and she quickly switches back. She also colors, throws a ball and picks things up with her left hand. At first I was a little upset thinking about days of left handed scissors and not knowing how to teach her to spike a volleyball or shoot baskets as easily but I have come to the realization that there is only a small percentage of the population that is left handed and so it makes her super special (as if she wasn't already!).
I did some research to see what all there is for left handed people and oddly enough there is even a website called www.left-handed.com . They sell all kinds of things for left handed people. The best is the left handed watch. (The numbers are counterclockwise) There are also quite a few famous lefty: Tim Allen, Tom Cruise, Robert DeNiro, Whoopi Goldberg, Angelina Jolie, Nicole Kidman, Lisa Kudrow, Marilyn Monroe, SJP, Julia Roberts and Oprah Winfrey.. just to name a few.
So to sum it up : Left is Right!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment