Pages

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Galveston Island 2010

Every year we go to the beach... not the pretty California/Florida/Hawaii beach but the disgusting yet wonderful Galveston Island Beach. This year was even more fun since Carly was able to participate a little more. I have to say that it is only cute to have your belly hang out of your two piece swimsuit when your little. :) We spent a lot of time at the hotel pool. It was so relaxing and had a swim up bar which Dylan really enjoyed. I really enjoyed the non-alcoholic strawberry daiquiris!! Delicious :)
We also had to take a lot of naps. Carly still takes two naps a day (which is awesome) and the sun just drains you. I think Dylan was getting tired of spending so much time in the hotel room but we did get to catch up on some TV time.


We went to dinner at the Rain forest Cafe the first night that we were there. It is my favorite restaurant, not because of the food, but because of the atmosphere. We go every time that we go somewhere that they have one. There was a lady walking around making balloon animals. We declined her at first but when she made an ELMO for the child at the table behind us and Carly spotted it we had to call her back over to make one for us. She was so excited!!

He didn't last long though. She was pulling at his eyes and biting him and within an hour he was eye and nose less. Dylan tried to fix him the best that he could but he looked a little bit scary!!



We took her to Palm Beach our first full day since it was nice and clean and has the nice white sand beaches. I thought I would forgo a nap and she would be fine, but it didn't work out quite like I hoped. We were only there for an hour and a half before she was throwing tantrums and clearly ready for a nap. She didn't even make it the walk to the car and she was passed out. Of course once we get to the hotel room she is wide awake and refuses to continue sleeping. Oh well better luck next time and a good lesson for me.
That afternoon we went to the Strand, which is also so much fun. Dylan is not a huge fan since it is mostly shopping but I always make him go. My favorite ice cream parlor is located there. They sell ice cream and all kinds of fudge and candy. It is really old fashioned and I remember going there when I was little and my sister lived in Galveston.
While we were walking Carly spotted ELMO and Abby in one of the windows. She got so excited so we took her inside to see them. They were huge!!! I didn't check the price tag but the small pocket sized ones were $30 bucks so I can only imagine. I wish I had known that Sesame Street Live was in town recently because she would have loved it.
No vacation would be complete without a visit from my best friend EVER, Aunt Candice aka: Aunt Butter. She lives in Houston and came down Monday night and ate dinner with us and hung out for a couple hours. I don't get to see her often so it is always a super treat. On the way home Wednesday we stopped in Houston and ate lunch with her which was a perfect ending to the trip.

We spent most of the afternoon Tuesday playing at the beach. I forget every year how dirty the Texas beaches are. With dirt and sea weed etc. It almost isn't even fun to swim in but the sand is fun to play in with all our beach toys. Carly did make it out a couple times though and seemed to enjoy it.
We pretty much ate ice cream everyday that we were there. It is all 3 of our favorite things. Carly Loves it almost as much as Dylan does.

We weren't able to get a good family picture and Dylan will probably kill me for posting this one but it cracks me up every time I see it. We always try to get Carly to scrunch up her nose and snort and he was trying to get her to do it as I snapped the picture! PRICELESS
On the way home we stopped in Brenham so that Carly could get out and walk. She doesn't do very well in the car. Brenham has the Blue Bell Ice Cream Creamery and it is always fun to stop in and check out their gift shop and get a bowl of ice cream.
This was our last family vacation before the new addition arrives in August. It was so wonderful to get to spend a whole week with just the 3 of us. We haven't done that since Carly was first born and even then I think Dylan snuck out a few times to go feed cows or "check on things". We were literally together for 6 days straight and yes we fought a few times but mostly it was wonderful. Looking forward to next years beach trip with all 4 of us :)

No comments:

Post a Comment