So miss Carly is officially 13 months today!!! It is going by way to fast for me. Life just gets busier and busier and I just wish I could slow it down a little. We are still not walking yet but she is almost there. She will take a few steps (up to 7 so far) but would rather crawl still because she gets there much faster. I think she is going to be inpatient like her mother :) We have had a busy month with her birthday and thanksgiving. Here is a quick recap:
A friend of ours gave us this adorable Aggie cheerleader outfit so I found it most appropriate to have her and the whole family wear Aggie colors etc for Thanksgiving. I knew it was a long shot to expect my team to win against Texas but I still bleed maroon and don't ever see myself crossing over to the dark side. Plus I think my whole family looks amazing in Maroon... don't you think!
For thanksgiving day we went to my mothers house and ate with my oldest sister Becky and her family. This is a picture of us with her youngest Kieran who is a couple months younger than Carly. Trying to get a smile our of Carly for pictures has been quite the battle recently. She is going through a "mean" phase. She loves to "swat" at us and grunt. The other day in HEB she was doing it to random people. People were not even talking to her. It was super embarrassing and I couldn't wait to get my stuff and get out. I am sure this is just the first of my embarrassing moments with her but it was definitely memorable. 
For the last couple years my mom has been having a Santa Clause at her house and she charges a small fee for your picture taken with him. It is a great alternative to waiting in the long lines at the mall and then only getting a couple pictures which I am sure cost a fortune. She takes a whole bunch of individuals and families and then puts them on a disk for you right then before you leave. I helped her last year when Carly was a newborn and thought I would do it again this year. It is so much fun! My brother-in-law David was Santa for the first weekend that we did it and it was a great 5 hours, definitely a bonding experience. Carly went to him in full beard and suit and I am hoping that having her around Santa for hours will help her to not be terrified of him. I love the Santa's Helper Hat that my mom had..... (think I am going to steal it)

These are some of my nieces and nephews: Missy, Bugaboo, Big en's, Happy and Squeakers (there fabulous nicknames). 
It has been a great Holiday season so far. I am looking forward to starting new traditions with Carly and getting to really experience our first Christmas with her!
No comments:
Post a Comment