We celebrated Carly's first birthday on Saturday the 7th! We had all our close friends and family over to our house for a backyard party. We had a great time and hope that everyone else did too. My good friend Lindsey made Carly's birthday outfit which turned out so cute and I got so many compliments on it. My neighbor and friend Sharaty made Carly's "sunshine cake" which turned out better than I could have imagined.
Carly LOVED the cupcake and was putting fist fulls of cake, actually icing, into her mouth.....
She looked like she was in a sugar coma! We had to take it away from her because I thought she was gonna get sick! (The jewelry she is wearing is compliments of "Tweet Birdie Tutus" my friend Denee makes it!)
We put a blanket on the grass and let her attempt to open presents. She was more interested in the wrapping paper than the actual gift but it was still fun.
We got a pinata for the older kids which turned out to be a big hit. Since we don't have any trees, we had to get creative.....
It was the most perfect day! I can't believe she is already a year old. People always tell you when you have them how fast time will fly but you don't realize it until the year is gone and you look back and feel like just yesterday I was in the hospital with her. It has been the BEST year and I am truly blessed with the sweetest, happiest, most beautiful baby!
No comments:
Post a Comment