Pages

Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Kentucky 2017


On the Way to Kentucky we discovered that there was a National Historic Park about Abraham Lincoln. Lucky for us, we has recently learned about him in History.  Pretty sure I was more excited than the kids. I love history and Lincoln is one of my most favorite people to learn about.

The kids participated in the Jr. Ranger program.  It made for a good 2-3 hours break in our driving which was great for all of us. 






Of course it had been beautiful weather the entire time in Tennessee but the day we left it rained the whole day. We made the best of it though and didn't let it stop us from learning and enjoying all that the park had to offer. 


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our first full day in Kentucky we visited the Ark. Pictures do not do this place justice. It was incredible. The exhibits were informative and really made you think.  They had the ark set up as it could have been during the day of Noah. Looking at everything put together makes you realize just how much room he actually had on the Ark. I visualize him having more than enough space for all the animals and even having room left over. 




This is "the door." It was massive. It isn't actually used to get in or out but the size is incredible. If you look closely there is a cross in the middle. :) 



There was a really neat exhibit there that was all in comic book form. The kids really enjoyed it and Clay spent a lot of extra time there. 


There was even a petting zoo with a few animals. Jojo was especially in love with the Ostrich, which he called a chicken. He danced around and talked to it. He entertained quite a bit of people. 



I would definitely recommend the Ark to people! A great day learning about God's love for His people. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Our second day in Kentucky we visited the Creation Museum. It was very similar to the Ark and had a lot of great information in it. The kids enjoyed it but was definitely more geared towards older kids. The dinosaurs and the insect collection were a huge hit with the kids as was the Genesis exhibit.  






Ever since I found out about the Creation Museum I really wanted to go.  So glad that we had the opportunity to do it and to learn about Creation Science. I wish they could take the Creation Museum exhibits and put them inside the Ark.  Would make for a much better experience. I felt like there was a lot of overlap and/or not a whole lot at each one.  Over all though I definitely recommend both of them! 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After the Creation Museum we had a little time left so we drove into Cincinnati to see the William Taft Historic Site. We took a tour of his childhood home and learned about his early life.  

We hadn't learned about him in school yet but when we were at the Lincoln birthplace there was a memorial there  similar to the one in Washington. Taft was president at the time it was built and dedicated it.  So we had already had a little lesson on who he was. 




The kids got to play with toys from Taft's childhood. 




Our time in Kentucky was great but the kids were super pumped to be headed to Missouri.  Both Carly and Clay's favorite parts were still to come! 


No comments:

Post a Comment