Pages

Monday, September 18, 2017

Messy Monday- Minute to Win It


I have to say I was really excited but also super nervous about this Messy Monday. I wanted to do messy games but was scared that the kids wouldn't enjoy the structure or even find them that fun. We have such a great group but their are big age gaps ranging from 3-12. It is hard to find stuff that will appeal to all of them.  I believe that they all had a great time though.  

We started with shaving cream on the head and throwing Cheetos to try and stick them to their partners head. It was my least favorite game but still fun. 




 This one was the most fun to watch. Each person had to pick a partner and attempt to feed them yogurt or apple sauce. I think everyone loved this one.  Some of the kids were super tame and did it nice and neat and others were making huge messes on their partners on purpose. I loved it. 








The Egg Toss was hardcore. If you throw them hard they actually hurt. Clay hit his partner in the face and we ended up with some tears. The kids really enjoyed this one.  We went through 2 dozen eggs because they wanted to play it twice. 




Ok this one was hilarious! We hid 3-4 gummy worms on a plate covered with whipped cream and the kids had to dig around without using their hands to either eat the gummy worms or pull them out with their teeth. So so funny. 



I was so proud of even the little ones who actually participated in all the games. 





After we were done the kids made a ton of pies and just threw them at each other. Some kids enjoyed it more than others but it was pretty darn fun. 




I love that we always get so messy that we have to take a shower as soon as we go inside.  We have been doing Messy Monday for a year now and I just am so thankful for the amazing friends that gave it a chance and have been faithfully coming.  I always go to bed that night excited for the following month. I hope the rest of the kids do too.  







No comments:

Post a Comment