This past weekend Dylan brought the backhoe home so we could do some projects and while he had it he decided to dig a huge hole for the kids to play in. He ended up making it even deeper than the picture shows. The kids can now almost stand straight up in it. They love it and when I can't find them in the backyard I remember they are probably underground.
They call it their secret hide out and are so proud of it. They added grass on the ledges to use as beds and added a big board to the bottom so that they aren't on the dirt floor. Wouldn't you have loved this as a kid? Pretty sure Dylan gets the cool Dad award again.
We are getting a little closer to having our land the way we want it. Dylan finished fencing off the back of the property and took down the random cross fence. Now the yard looks so much bigger. He is also working on building the chickens a much bigger run and getting an area ready to start a garden.
Oh and we now have 2 chickens laying eggs!! It is seriously one of the highlights of our day. Clay loves to go check and has been known to get so excited that he drops it or cracks it on the way to the house.
Those that know us well know that we are not much on random holidays and we don't make a big deal of stuff. There have been so many times that we go to story time and the Librarian will ask the kids what holiday it is or why today is special. Mine rarely know, in fact this is the first year that I explained groundhogs day to them. They weren't impressed.
Even though I am totally OK with that, I sometimes have to be the cool mom who makes pink pancakes and scrambled eggs and even cuts them into hearts. Which means I am the cool mom only about 4-5 times in a year. That was the extent of our cool V-day though. Gotta say that the kids didn't know the difference and were completely content with just a pink breakfast (we might have even celebrated it Friday and not Sunday.)
And yep I took a picture of the masterpiece as evidence of my coolness! Just be glad it wasn't a selfie. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment