Pages

Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Carly Sue

Wowza! My Carly Sue is 7 years old! People always tell you that it goes by so fast. Like most young moms you know this, but get tired of people telling you. Then your sweet, perfect, beautiful and kind daughter turns 7 out of nowhere and you think, "Where did the time go?" I now realize I will be THAT Mom who tells younger moms this very information. 

I have been fortunate enough to get to spend almost every day of those 7 years with her.

I know that she is the best big sister to her littlest brother and one of the only ones that he is content with.

I love watching Bear snuggle up to her on the couch as she attempts a book that is a little to hard, but does it anyways because she loves her baby sister and wants to make her happy. 

I know that she loves to copy everything I do. She likes to wear the same style of clothes (get ready for the next tie-die queen) as me, even down to the same earrings and jewelry.

I get to see her struggle with a new math concept and then the next day see it click in her head.

I love that because we don't go to school, she doesn't know what is "cool" and is 100% Carly Sue. Goofy, clumsy, silly and oh so perfect to me Carly Sue.

I love that she love all things girly and know every Princess movie ever made.  We just got introduced to the new Disney movie Descendants. I might have been on the fence about it since one of the main songs is, "Rotten to the Core," but I gotta say it was super cute and am now singing Rotten to the Core on replay in my head. 

I love that she loves to help me in the kitchen cleaning or making supper. She always volunteers to sweep or mop or do dishes. 

Most of all I love that she still loves to cuddle. I hope that she never outgrows the need for hugs and cuddles because it makes the days way better.


So since Carly and my sister Amy share a birthday we always try to get together and celebrate together. Monday, we ate breakfast at IHOP and then went to the park. My sister is ridiculously awesome and played with the kids for almost 2 hours straight. They had so much fun and are ready to move in with Aunt Amy. 



This year her birthday fell on a library story time day. We still go almost every week and have made some truly amazing friends there. As well as gotten to know and love all the librarians. The library is our home away from home. We brought cookies to share with our friends and everyone sang Happy Birthday to her. I love that even though we don't go to school, God still provides these amazing opportunities for the kids to feel special and get loved on by other kids.



 
She got to pick all the meals for the day. Pancakes shaped like the number 7 for breakfast, chili dogs for lunch and Tacos for dinner with brownies as dessert. She even made the brownies herself. :)



Getting to spend every day with Carly Sue is one of the best gifts that God has given me. 

I use to get so excited thinking about all the kids going to school and getting to finally have a break! God has transformed my heart though and now I don't need a break.  Sure there are days that I might trade them for a good book or a full minute in the bathroom without a question but those days are getting fewer and fewer. 

Happy Birthday Princess Carly Sue!




No comments:

Post a Comment