Pages

Monday, June 22, 2015

Happy Fathers Day!

I have a pretty smart little boy. We were talking about Fathers Day and Clay said, " Everyday is kids day." I asked where he heard that and he said... "I thought it in my head." Isn't that so true though. Everyday IS kid day. And honestly everyday should be Fathers Day and Mothers Day, and Husbands Day and Wives day etc etc. 

Even though I think we should honor and show our husbands, wives, moms and dads daily that they are cherished and important it is fun to have one day that we celebrate them.  

We are pretty boring at our house and rarely do real gifts.  This year we updated his coffee cup to include Clint and the kids wrote about him and they drew pictures for him. 





After church Dylan had only one request of what he wanted to do.  Pretty sure this is why I love this man so much. He is so much fun for his kids. He asked to do a water balloon fight. It was of course raining all day off and on but we told the kids we would do it anyways. I secretly bought a super soaker water gun so that I could blast him during the fight! I called Gammy and had her come over and sit with Clint so that I could participate too. 


mini-me

Dylan's Mom brought the kids water guns and so after nap we were ready for the fight. It is So Much Fun! I am pretty sure it is the 1st annual Fathers Day water balloon/water gun fight.  We decided it has to become a tradition. 



The Super Soaker was awesome but unfortunately Dylan tried to steal it and ended up breaking it! I ended up just using the water hose which was just as good. 




Then we had a pizza party in the living room and watched Goonies. 


Clint didn't get to join any of the fun festivities this year but next year I am sure he will be all over the water fight! Can't believe he is already 4 weeks old! Man time just keeps flying by. 

Being a Father to four has its stresses but Dylan handles everything so amazingly and I am so blessed to call him my husband and the father of my kids. They are so incredibly lucky to have a Dad that always gives so much of himself and takes care of us so well and so selflessly.  


No comments:

Post a Comment