Pages

Saturday, June 27, 2015

Camp HCF

Carly has been gone all week at Camp HCF, our church's summer camp.  It is pretty exciting because this is her first year and it is an all day camp.  She has been having so much fun and has made some fun new friends. She has the most amazing camp counselor and comes home so tired that she eats dinner, showers and is pretty much ready for bed. This week has made me even more grateful that we have the opportunity to homeschool because even though I want her to have fun experiences and have the chance to be independent and make her own choices apart from me, I also want to be able to spend as much time with her as possible. This week has been hard, so many times I thought.. "man I wish Carly was here to do this with us."


So what are brother and sister to do when she is gone?

Lets just say, that Clay is much nicer to Bear with Carly gone. He even played babies with her for over an hour one day. 


He built a house for them and pretty sure they didn't talk to me all morning.




Then my Dad came out Thursday with a surprise he built for the kids.  Clay was and still is so excited about it. 








Friday, Carly had water day at camp so we had our own water day at home. 




Clint was so good the entire day. He just hung out in his chair and watched them swim. 




It was a really fun week for all of us but I have to say that it was a long week having my sweet girl gone the entire day. There is something to be said though for how excited she was everyday to go to camp. She was dressed and ready everyday before I even got out of bed. Then she would stand by the door waiting till it was time to go. Everyday when I went to pick her up she was dancing and singing just praising God.  Sounds like a pretty amazing way to spend a week. So happy that Clay gets to go next year to experience it. 

I can't wait to see what the rest of this summer brings.... I have a feeling it is going to be a great one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment