March has been a wonderful month for our family this year.
Today Dylan and I celebrate 8 years of marriage and 11 years of being together. I remember being just married and thinking of the future and how far off that 10 year anniversary felt. I thought about how our marriage would have matured and how many kids we would have and now knowing that it is only 2 years away and I have everything I could ever want is just amazing. I have the perfect man for me, and the 3 most amazing children. God has truly blessed our lives more than we deserve. We celebrated a couple weekends ago by spending the day in Fredericksburg going "junking." It was a great day and some much needed alone time.
Then, Sunday Dylan and I got BAPTIZED!!!
Seriously one of the best days of my life. I have wanted to do it for a really long time! Dylan had been baptized as a kid and I was as a baby, so Sunday was really special and important to us both. We both felt like we needed to do a believers baptism because even though we were always believers it really wasn't until 2 years ago that we both really met Jesus and made the choice to change our lives to reflect that relationship. Both of our parents came, as well as my forever friend Melissa and her family, Dylan's Aunt Kathy and Uncle Jerry from San Antonio and one of my mom's best friends. A few of our church friends even sacrificed sleeping in to come to the early service to support us. It was wonderful and getting to do it along side Dylan made it even better.
So tonight for our anniversary, Dylan is going to help a friend cut down a tree, I am going to take Carly to gymnastics and then we will come back and celebrate while eating leftovers. Who is jealous???!!!! Honestly though, to me it sounds amazing.
*****The church took some pictures of the baptism so if I am able to get my hands on them I am going to share them.
No comments:
Post a Comment