Disney World has got to be the most magical place in the entire world. I mean seriously, there were so many times that I would get choked up watching my kids faces and their reactions to characters or experiences. We had an age range from 20 months to 62 years old and let me tell you both ends of that spectrum had an amazing time.
 |
| Meeting the Practically Perfect, Mary Poppins |
I think experiences shape the person that you are. Does it matter if you remember all experiences forever? I don't think so because just experiencing them changes you. I have some very vivid memories from when I was 3 and 4 and then there are things that I can't remember from high school.
With that being said I think if you have the means and the will to do things with your children, regardless of age, I say do it. I wouldn't trade taking Claire to Disney as a baby for anything. Seeing her face light up watching the parade at Animal Kingdom will be with me forever, even if it isn't with her. Before we left for Disney she could only say a handful of words and now guess what….. we have been home for 3 days and she has added so many words to her vocabulary. My favorite are the ones that were inspired by Disney… Minnie and puppy (Pluto and goofy).
 |
| watching the Parade at Animal Kingdom |
 |
| My mom having to hold her to keep her from trying to run after the characters in the street |
Carly is 5 and is obsessed with all things Princess. I had every intention of waiting until all the kids were much older before spending money on a trip to Disney but when my amazing Husband gave me the OK to look into going now, while the magic was so alive for Carly, I jumped at the chance and literally had the entire trip planned and booked 2 days later. I didn't want her to miss out on these experiences because she has baby siblings. We will definitely go back, and like I said, I have been bitten bad by the Disney bug so we will probably be going sooner than later so we will get to hit all the stages for the kids.
 |
| Watching the Parade |
 |
| Meeting Merida |
Next time we go I am pretty sure I won't be able to talk my son into going into the Bibbity Bobbity Boutique to get his hair done so this was such a treasure for me. Listening to him say his oath to become a Knight was seriously priceless. Wish I had videotaped it. He was so proud of his sword and shield and the Mickey shaped confetti in his hair!
 |
| Being made into a Knight |
 |
| Reciting his oath to protect the castle and the princesses |
 |
| Sir Knight Clay |
Watching Carly get made over into a Princess was seriously so so special. The Fairy-Godmothers in training are amazing and truly made Carly feel so special. The rest of the day people would point and tell their kids, "look it's a real Princess." I love how all the parents get into it and even the cast members would comment on how she was the "real" Snow White.
 |
| First time with makeup |
 |
| Getting to see herself for the first time |
Another wonderful thing was watching Carly get out of her comfort zone. She loves to sing and dance at home but put her in front of people and she gets so shy. The cast members in the line to meet Mickey had a bet that the next little girl would be wearing a princess shirt and guess what, Carly was in deed wearing a frozen shirt, which meant that one of the girls had to sing. She choose a song from the Little Mermaid and had Carly sing it with her. Carly was super quiet but she attempted to do it. I was so proud of her.
Even better was when Frozone from The Incredibles pulled her out to dance with him during the dance party. She was such a trooper and went a long with it.
Then Mr. Incredible himself got a hold of her.
Now that we are home, I put all the pictures into a little album and the kids seriously look at it all day long. Clay especially, I will find him on the couch just flipping away. He loves to bring it to me and tell me what we were doing or tell me a funny story from the picture. I am hoping that now that we have taken Carly she will quit making me show her pictures of Disney and look at the website all day. At least for a few weeks. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment