A couple weekends ago we got to take the kids to Sea World for the first time! I have always loved it and have been wanting to take the kids but it is so expensive. Luckily we got to go for FREE, thats right........ parking, tickets and lunch...... all free!!!
Dylan works for the most amazing company. This year Atmos Energy did their company picnic there. The kids had a great time, especially since it rained the whole time we were there and what little kid doesn't like playing in the rain?!
We all ate together as a big group when we first got there. It was great getting to see everyone's families and the kids got to meet and take a picture with Shamu.
The best part of lunch though was the raffle. Everyone who knows me knows how competitive I am, well as soon as the lady started calling out numbers I got in a bad mood cause I NEVER win raffles. Well friends, that day my streak ended, thats right, I won a stuffed dolphin! Excitement doesn't even begin to express my emotion. I had a hard time giving it to the kids.
After lunch they set us free to do our own thing. The kids rode their first roller coaster and loved it and would have continued riding it for as long as we let them but after one ride they had to shut it down due to the weather.
We got to see the dolphin show, Azul, and then went to the dolphin cove and got to watch them swim.
The highlight of the day though was the sea otter and seal show. All 3 kids were so engaged and mesmerized by it. I have always loved Sea World but getting to experience it through your kids eyes is almost just as fun. We even got to watch the tail end of the Sesame Street gang singing "The Monster Mash, " after getting to meet Ernie, Burt and Big Bird.
On a different note, the weekend we went was the beginning of Howl-O -Scream, which meant that at 7:30 the park was transformed into a big haunted scare fest. I am not going to lie their was this tiny part of me that really wanted to be an irresponsible parent and just stay for like 30 minutes so that I could experience the fright. Luckily I have a really awesome husband who never would have let me do that, but also the rain was getting bad and we wanted to get home. The Aggies might have also been playing at 6 BUT otherwise I totally would have stayed. I mean who doesn't want to hangout at the Sea World boardwalk with all the clowns or with the zombies and vampires. I know I do........not!!!!
The kids did get to go trick or treating though which was super cool. They had stations at a lot of the attractions and they would hand out candy. I told the kids that I was enforcing the Mama Tax and then I would steal a few of their candies. Well now Clay thinks that the Candy Corn is called Mama Tax. He saw some at HEB the other day and yelled, "Look Mama, its Mama Tax." Ok come on, I know you are laughing out loud, because seriously that is hilarious!!!
It was a great day, filled with awesome memories, wonderful friends/coworkers and a Texas A&M win. Doesn't get much better than that!
No comments:
Post a Comment