I didn't think very well when I made Carly's blog because now with Clay due in the next couple weeks I will be forced to blog about him under hers. I am going to have to ditch this blog and start a new Thompson Family one I am afraid.
With that said I know this is Carly's blog but I had to share just how incredible my friends are. I declined to have a baby shower from my family because I really didn't need anything, some good friends of ours are letting us borrow all there boy clothes (which is a ton, more than I had for Carly) and since we just had Carly we have all the essentials so I didn't feel right about having a shower. The girls from my book club, which is made up of girls I went to high school with, threw we a shower at our last meeting. It was so sweet with cupcakes and pizza. Corinne (the host) decorated the house all cute as well. It was really sweet and made me feel really special. I got in the car after the meeting and called Dylan soooo excited because we now had our OWN clothes for Clay and tons of diapers:)!!!
Then last night we were having a girls night at my friend Jenna's house. We were going to play games and just hang out. Well when I arrived I see food and a cookie cake from the mall (my all time favorite) and presents!! The cake was super cute and said: C-Cuddly, L-Lovable, A-August, Y- Y Chromosome. My witty friend Mindy came up with it. It was all so wonderful and I had the best time just relaxing with some of my best friends.
It makes me realize how lucky I am. I have the most amazing husband and daughter, the most caring and wonderful friends and am fixing to get to meet my little mister. Life really can't get any better than it is right now.
On a Carly note: We haven't been doing too much since it is so hot, I like to stay in doors but she is in a "BUG" stage. It is really funny because she is not scared at all. She will pick them up and play with them and gets to excited when I tell her there is a bug. She likes to play with crickets the best. She pulls there legs off and then plays with them.. smart girl so they can't escape. 



Last but not least, I officially had my last day of work. Though I am really going to miss all my friends there I know that I will still see most of them still. It is weird to know that I am unemployed and don't have a timeline of when I will be going back. It is nice thinking that I get to completely dedicate my time to my family. I am really excited about the future for our family and am ready to start our new adventure!
No comments:
Post a Comment