Pages

Thursday, November 3, 2016

Junior Master Gardener Program

We started a Jr. Master Gardener program at the library! I had pretty low expectations and honestly were not sure if the kids would enjoy it but really loved the idea and hoped that they would at least get something out of it. I was pleasantly surprised to find that all 3 of the big kids loved it! We had such a great time and I am even pumped to learn more. My Mama is an amazing gardener and I am hoping I inherited the gene.

The first class we got to do a few things. We learned all about what plants need in order to grown.  To show what we learned, we made Sombreros out of newspaper and then added colored paper, balloons and feathers to symbolize all the things the plant needs.


They got to touch and predict what a sunflower seed would eventually look like. My kids favorite part was using their 5 senses to rate a carrot. 

They even got to plant their own plant, water it and bring it home. 


To end the class we threw clay seed balls out in the field in hopes that in the spring there will be beautiful flowers on the side of the road! 


I might be geeking out a little but only because I love that their are so many awesome and free classes available for homeschoolers. We have our next class in a few weeks. Counting down the days!!

No comments:

Post a Comment